The ancient Norman church of Dode stands in a peaceful valley, near Luddesdown, on the North Downs in Kent. The village of Dode that it once served has long gone, believed to have been wiped out by the black death in 1349. The church remained derelict for centuries, untill being bought by a local Archaeologist in 1901, who restored the building. When the owner died, it was again left abandoned. Then in 1990, Doug Chapman, a chartered surveyor who worked at Canterbury Cathedral, bought the church and began restoring the building to its original condition.
The former church can be visited free of charge, and can also be hired out for weddings and other events. Please see the lost village of Dode website for full details: http://www.dodevillage.com/